POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : absolut failure : Re: absolut failure Server Time
15 Aug 2024 14:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: absolut failure
From: KalleK
Date: 6 Jun 2002 14:34:36
Message: <3cffab3c$1@news.povray.org>
> What are those lines, tho, in the middle of the lathe?

I experienced those lines, too.
(see "thermometer (glassthingie) 98kbbu" from 1. nov 2000 if you can reach
back that far, and the conversation, I had with Grimdude)
They won't get away with sturm, I believe,
and max_trace_level won't help, too: If you change the texture from glass to
something non-transparent, those lines will stay.
I only know, that they are at the height of the camera (aren't they), so you
can get rid off them, if you upper the camera till it's above the late. You
may try too increase the angle of the camera, that might help a bit, too.

cukk